ADVOCAP, Inc is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering effective anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual to join our team as our new Workforce Development Coordinator. This position will serve all three counties in ADVOCAP’s service area: Winnebago, Fond du Lac and Green Lake counties.
- Create pathways of skills enhancement, education, training and workforce opportunities that will assist low-income indi-viduals as they navigate their path to self-sufficiency.
- Create a career assessment tool that will enable ADVOCAP staff to gather data about the needs and desires of our low-income participants and assist in developing career pathways.
- Effectively communicate to ADVOCAP staff all skills enhancement, education, training and workforce opportunities that are available to low-income individuals.
- Create employment connections that will result in increased earnings for ADVOCAP participants and communicate those connections with ADVOCAP staff.
- Maintain positive relations with Technical Schools regarding educational opportunities for low-income individuals
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- Understanding the causes and conditions of and potential solutions to poverty.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving.
- Strategic thinker with good planning and goal-setting skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry skills are essential
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Acceptable drug screen and comprehensive background check.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Full time, 36-hour work week position with a starting pay of $22.31 per hour. ADVOCAP has an excellent benefit package. This full-time position will have access to health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and our employer-contribution 401k.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications received by May 31, 2023, will receive primary consideration.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.