Full Time Position in the Winnebago County Area
ADVOCAP, Inc., is a recognized leader in anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programming. We are a private, nonprofit agency committed to creating opportunities for people and
communities to reduce poverty.
Our Homeless Prevention Department has an opening for a Family Development Specialist (FDS) in our Homeless Program to help Winnebago County area residents become more self-sufficient. The goal is to assist individuals and families to overcome homelessness and/or potential homelessness.
The Family Development Specialist will work with individuals/household to assess their current situation, identify their barriers, create individualized plans in order to assist in their making positive changes and improve their situation. Connect participant(s) with appropriate local resources. Develop strong community partnerships to identify and develop resources to meet short and long term needs of vulnerable households. Comprehend and operate under funding regulations. Engage in local and statewide Continuum of Care organizations.
- This position will have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, education or other related field, with experience in direct case work is preferred
- WI Social Work license is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in working with a wide spectrum of individual issues: alcoholism and drug use, mental health and physical/mental disabilities
- An understanding of homelessness and poverty and the ability to be non-judgmental with those served
- Familiar with motivational interviewing and trauma informed care
- Ability to develop positive, trusting, growth-directed relationships with individuals
- Knowledge of and experience in utilizing community resources to help people in need
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Drug Screening and background check required
The starting wage is $20.29 per hour. This full time 36 hour per week position will have access to our full benefit package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and Retirement/401k option.
Resumes and/or applications, with cover letters, submitted by 3/8/23 will receive primary consideration; resumes will continue to be received until position is filled.
Please complete online application and submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR Email email@example.com