ADVOCAP, Inc is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering effective anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual to join our team as our new Dietitian. Quality food and nutrition is essential to the health and well-being of persons in poverty. ADVOCAP is looking for a food and nutrition expert that has the credentials to enable the Agency to meet local, state and federal nutrition guidelines. ADVOCAP operates two programs that provide nutritious meals, one for seniors and one for preschool children.
- Provide oversight for both programs in planning and approving of menus and serving portions consistent with the dietary requirements of each population served.
- Provide training and education on food purchasing and meal planning on a participant level.
- Ensure compliance with food safety, licensing, nutrition program regulations, performance standards, and requirements of the Older American’s Act, the Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, Head Start, and the USDA Food and Consumer Services Child Nutrition Program.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports/claims for meal reimbursement to DPI for meals served to Head Start children.
- This position will report to ADVOCAP’s Deputy Director and will work closely with ADVOCAP’s Head Start Director and Food & Nutrition Director and their respective management teams
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field required
- Hold a current Registered Dietitian license
- Must be willing to obtain a ServSafe certificate
- A current driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required, mileage reimbursement provided per Agency policy
- This position will work from our Fond du Lac office and address nutrition services needed in Fond du Lac, Green Lake and Winnebago counties
- Drug Screening and background check required
SALARY & BENEFITS
36-hour full time work week position with a starting pay of $22+ per hour. This full-time position will have access to health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and our employer-contribution 401k.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications received by July 26, 2023, will receive primary consideration.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.