ADVOCAP, Inc is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering effective anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual to join our team as our new Business Development Specialist. The position will serve all three counties in ADVOCAP’s service area: Fond du Lac, Green Lake and Winnebago counties.
- This position will have an emphasis on Childcare and Daycare business development including rules, regulations and licensing
- Assist qualifying persons with the creation and/or expansion of small businesses, specifically Childcare and Daycares in all three counties
- Connect low-income individuals with necessary services to overcome barriers in creating Childcare Centers and Daycares
- As needed, connect low-income individuals with higher education opportunities
- Maintain proper case notes and tracking self-sufficiency goals
- Experience with childcare licensing, rules and regulations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred; or equivalent experience in owning or managing a Childcare facility
- Demonstrated creative problem solving.
- Strategic thinkers with good planning and goal setting skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry skills are essential
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record to travel over 3 counties.
- Acceptable drug screen and comprehensive background check.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Full time, 36-hour work week positions with a starting pay of $22.31 per hour. ADVOCAP has an excellent benefit package. These full-time positions will have access to health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay, and our employer contribution 401k.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications received by August 22, 2023, will receive primary consideration.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.