Full Time Position
Join ADVOCAP today and help improve the environment and your community. As a Weatherization Specialist, you will make improvements to homes, such as insulation and air sealing, to help lower energy costs for low-income families. Apply today and join a team that impacts the planet as well as the lives of hundreds of local households every year.
Primary responsibilities are ensuring satisfactory completion of assigned tasks and upholding the quality and safety standards set forth by the Agency. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact professionally with customers and co-workers in a service industry.
The Weatherization Department offers these great benefits:
- 36 hours a week & 52 weeks per year
- No mandatory overtime required & every Friday and weekends off
- Available each year beginning immediately: 9 paid holidays & earn up to 10+ days vacation &
earned sick time
- 80% of health insurance premium paid by employer; dental, vision, life also offered
- Employer funded retirement package with 401k salary deferral option
- Pain training
- Vehicles, tools, and equipment all provided
- Minimum pay of $18.44/hour
- Excellent opportunity for career advancement
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment
- Manage the efficient use and proper disposal of materials
- Ensure job sites are clean and orderly at all times
- Organize and maintain inventory items, tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Follow daily direction from job site supervisor
- Excellent customer service
- Pass background and drug screens
- Basic construction or building maintenance knowledge preferred but not required
- Stand; occasionally walk on uneven ground; bend; squat and twist; reach with hands and arms above and below shoulder level; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Work under such conditions as confined spaces, strong odors, exposure to dust, toxic substances and/or chemical irritants (within legal exposure limits), extreme heat or cold
- Work at a height of 15 to 20 feet above the ground
- Infrequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Climb in, out, and up to assigned vehicles and equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Women, minorities, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Resumes and/or applications, with cover letters, will continue to receive until position is filled.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.