Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
Click here to print your own time sheets!
RSVP is a national volunteer program sponsored by ADVOCAP and funded by the State of Wisconsin, The Corporation for National and Community Service and local, private donations.
ADVOCAP RSVP is designed to meet the critical needs of the community by partnering with local non-profit agencies to develop a variety of rewarding volunteer opportunities and by encouraging volunteerism among adults 55 and over in Fond du Lac, Green Lake and Winnebago Counties.
RSVP Volunteer Opportunity Descriptions
All volunteer opportunities are flexible. You decide when, how long, and how often you serve!
Support our Children: Help a child become a stronger student.
Support Older Adults: Help older adults maintain their independance and increase their quality of life.
Support the Hungry: Help feed families and individuals in need.
Build Quality Homes: Help families feel safer in their homes and neighborhoods
No Experience Necessary! Opportunities available throughout Fond du Lac, Winnebago, and Green Lake Counties
Information for Volunteers
Eligibility and Enrollment
RSVP is open to all people over the age of 55. Volunteers are asked to fill out a one page registration form at the time of enrollment. Volunteers receive an information packet containing the volunteer handbook, time sheets, staff contact information and other informational documents.
Benefits of volunteering with RSVP
It has been proven that living an active lifestyle can help people to live longer, healthier and happier lives. At RSVP we believe that volunteering is an excellent way for people to enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle while making an impact on the unmet needs in our community.
By volunteering your time you will:
- Improve your community & your health
- Feel vital and appreciated
- Make new friends
By becoming an RSVP volunteer you will receive:
- Supplemental insurance
- Placement services and ongoing support
- Mileage reimbursement when possible
- Social opportunities with your fellow volunteers
- Ability to say “No Thanks” to any volunteer opportunity presented
- One time volunteer event notices
Start volunteering now
RSVP has partnerships with several organizations and agencies throughout Fond du Lac, Green Lake and Winnebago Counties.
If you are unsure of where to start, contact the Volunteer Development Specialist (VDS) in your county. The VDS will work with you to find an opportunity that you will enjoy and that will fit your schedule.
If you are already volunteering at a local non-profit agency and want to join RSVP, contact your VDS to find out if the agency is a current partner. If the agency is not a partner, we are more than happy to contact them and invite them to join RSVP.
If you would like to start the search on your own, all of our opportunities are listed on VolunteerMatch. Just click the link below and type in the city you are looking for and then type ADVOCAP into the search bar. If you find an opportunity that interests you, just click, “I want to help” and we will contact you with the details.
Information for Agencies
RSVP is here to complement your current volunteer management practices and volunteer pool. Working with RSVP can help bring additional resources to accomplish your mission. All services provided by ADVOCAP RSVP are free to non-profit agencies and volunteers.
Your Organization Will Benefit:
- Additional volunteer recruitment resources and assistance with volunteer recruitment for those over age 55
- Assistance in organizing volunteer pool (ie writing volunteer assignment descriptions and procedures)
- Expertise in working with people over age 55
- Extra support for volunteer coordinator
- Assist with volunteer recognition to save you $!
- Provide volunteer identification (example: name tags, t-shirts, etc.)
- Complete volunteer background checks
Your Volunteers will Benefit:
- Volunteers meet new friends who share their experiences.
- Individual volunteer support
- Volunteer recognition
- Mileage reimbursements
- Secondary accident and liability insurance
- Volunteers feel rewarded and fulfilled because of their service to the community.
Eligibility and Enrollment
To be eligible for RSVP your agency must be a non-profit organization, a government agency, a health care facility or a faith based organization. We require each agency to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) before we are able to recruit and place volunteers.
Sign up now
If you are interested in enrolling with RSVP, contact the Volunteer Development Specialist in your county. We will set up a meeting to review the MOU and discuss your volunteer needs.
Fond du Lac County: 920-922-7760
Green Lac County: 920-361-9880
Winnebago County: 920-426-0150